- Photograph the product;
- Photograph the area in which the incident occurred;
- Gather photographs of the product and the area in which the accident occurred that predated the incident;
- Gather all documents that came with the product such as the operating instructions, warranty information and the product brochure. If you were harmed by a prescribed medication or over-the-counter product, preserve the container, doctor’s written instructions regarding usage and the package insert;
- If you purchased the product gather the sales receipt, your cancelled check, credit card statement and other documents establishing the purchase;
- Do not throw the product away;
- Do not attempt to repair or alter the product;
- Record the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of witnesses;
- Cooperate with all medical care professionals; and
- Call an attorney who has handled product liability claims.
Attorneys at BWW have a great deal of experience with product liability cases. Please contact us if you want further information regarding an injury related to a product. All preliminary consultations regarding product liability claims are free of charge.
William J. Wolf of Bathgate Wegener & Wolf, P.C. successfully sued an electrical utility in a case involving electro-magnetic fields (EMF) and in another case involving stray current. Mr. Wolf has also handled asbestos litigation and a lawsuit that involved the failure of components in facilities that used sophisticated processes for waste disposal which resulted in a post-trial settlement of almost $17 million.
Mr. Wolf is a Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, he has been designated as a Super Lawyer and AV Preeminent® for many years and he was selected to be listed in the Best Attorneys of America. Mr. Wolf has been certified, by the American Institute of Appellate Practice, as an appellate specialist.